30 September 2018
Duty Station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Type of contract: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: initially 1 year (with possibility of extension up to 3 years)
Grade: SB-3 Peg1 (UNESCO Almaty SC scale)
Annual salary: *404,722 KZT monthly (including 10% for pension and 5% for medical insurance)
(*subject to change in case of changes in UNESCO Almaty SC salary scale)
Only candidates entitled to work in Kazakhstan may apply for this post
Closing Date of Applications (midnight, local time): 30 September 2018
Under the overall supervision and functional authority of the Director of UNESCO Almaty Office and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent shall provide assistance with the implementation of UNESCO / European Union Project “Silk Roads Heritage Corridors in Afghanistan, Central Asia and Iran – International Dimension of the European Year of Cultural Heritage”.
In particular, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
Contribute to the implementation of Project activities:
- Assist in the documentation and reporting: research, locate, compile, review and update information and data used in the development of documents, work plans and budgets; process data in/from automated systems in order to support preparation of regular and budgetary/financial updates, report on programme delivery, statistics and/or projections for use and scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Support the organization and set up meetings, events, workshops organized in the framework of the Project.
- Assist with Project logistics (including contract and travel arrangements).
- Assist in preparing all administrative and financial information pertaining to the Project.
- Draft financial-administrative documentation; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up; review requests for payments against contractual obligations, and provide information on payment status and remaining obligations to supervisor.
- Facilitate contacts with UNESCO's partners and UN organizations: draft correspondence, answer queries. Liaise with other UNESCO Field Offices and HQ services as needed for the implementation of the Project.
- Liaise with National Commissions, national partners and Headquarters on administrative and finance matters, as requested.
- Assist in providing inputs for publications, presentations, briefings, speeches and missions, including outreach materials, as needed.
Undertake any other tasks or assignments necessary for the successful implementation of the Project.
- Completed higher education degree in management, finances, administration or another related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in programme support, financial, and/or administrative service acquired at the national or international level, preferably in UN System and/or European Union.
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services. Work in a team in a multicultural environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Ability to make technically sound decisions on all aspects of Project implementation.
- Good organizational, coordination and filing skills.
- Ability to interpret rules and manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Discretion and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Good ICT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
- Specialized training/certification in secretarial, administrative or related fields.
- Experience in the UN System, European Union or an international organization.
- Knowledge of Kazakh.
- UNESCO's salaries are paid in local currency (Kazakh tenge).
- Other benefits include: 2.5 days annual leave for each completed month of service, 5% for medical insurance and 10% for pension plan are included into the monthly salary.
- Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their application, including a motivation letter in English and the completed OFFICIAL UNESCO CV FORM, indicating the "Project Assistant" to UNESCO Representative to Cluster Office for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, 67 Tole bi street, 4th floor, 050000 Almaty, Kazakhstan or via e-mail: (almaty(at)unesco(dot)org) NOT LATER THAN 30 September 2018.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PRE-SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.